Version History Edit
v0.0.50.9 ᴀʟᴘʜᴀ Edit
- No more floating roads
- Improvements to unlocks (one-way roads easier to get)
- Fix for excessive university pollution
- Added Issue Icon Legend (in Query tool)
- Fixes for improper (or deceptive) UI and Message states
- Changed "LOC" to "Loan" in money bar
- Fix for intersection zoning collision issues
- Added visual radius for amenities
- An improvement to traffic/routing
- Fixed a bug in the economic system that caused some positions to never be filled (despite available workers) and some stores to never be patronized
- Tax lock is now 2% (down from 4%)
- A modpack to increase the game's saturation
- Mod shaders now load correctly
- Traffic jams no longer give density
- Road wear disabled (will be replaced by a budget item in future)
- Suspension Bridges enabled
v0.0.50.5 ᴀʟᴘʜᴀ Edit
- First Alpha available to Indiegogo backers.
Known Issues Edit
NewCities v0.0.50.5 ᴀʟᴘʜᴀ Known Issues Edit
Poor compatibility with Linux. If you play on Linux and experience trouble, please contact Lone Pine. Solutions include installing libopengl0, upgrading your OS, and running New Cities from the command line (not through Steam).
Shadows can produce artifacts across the terrain when viewing at certain angles
Occasional Crashes when loading a new game or switching modes
Upgrading roads or building blueprints can sometimes result in overlapping road segments
Roads can float on uneven terrain(fixed in v0.0.50.9)
Vehicles can occasionally become frozen on loading a city
Vehicle interpolation can occasionally result in teleportation, fast movement, or cars appearing to leave the roadway.
Vehicles may choose suboptimal routes to reach their destination
Vehicle speed can be inconsistent, even on two different road segments with the same speed limit
LOD changes can result in geometry popping in and out
Some zone nodes can force a zone on both sides of the road.
When closing the planner tool, sometimes the information panel opens
Stoplight visuals broken
Sounds can “stack” when the game is paused, producing an unpleasantly loud sound when unpausing.
NewCities v0.0.50.5 ᴀʟᴘʜᴀ Perceived Issues That Aren’t Really Issues Edit
Certain zone types have requirements for development, including certain density levels or other metrics
Issue Icons can take time to resolve as people or freight move around the city in real time
Building a university is essentially required to get offices (and beat the game). This is a game design issue.